Hey guys...  So this might be an obvious one for some people but I had to learn this the hard way.  Growing up I had candy and treats everywhere!  We even had a treat drawer that was fully stocked at all times.  My mom also happens to make THE MOST DELISH baked goods known to man, so as you can imagine I was a little "round" growing up.  Well, as I get older, I know that I cant have that kind of stuff all the time, and I definately cant have it in my house.

So heres the rules:  You dont buy food you cant control yourself around.  Simple right.  Not everything I buy is great for me, but I have self control around those things, so I dont have to leave them out.  ie. corn chips and dried cranberries



             I pretty much never have "candy" at my house, and when I say candy I mean gummy, chewy, candy coated goodness.  I buy as much greens as I can and fill my fridge with lots of fruits and veggies.  My cupboards are also pretty free from sugar filled snacks.




How do I combat that sugar cravings??  Well I keep dark chocolate, dark chocolate covered nuts and thinks of that sort.  I am far from perfect, and when I want to splurge, I go out and buy it.  Then I dont have the temptation around.

Also, I want to say that not only is it better for you, but its also better for your kids, and dogs. :)  They dont need that crap either... and after a little bit you wont crave it anymore, in fact, youll feel pretty sick after you eat a whole box of Hot Tamales or whatever you love.  Hope this helps some of you!!

See... Jackie is so much happier not eating human treats too!! :)                  ---------------------------->
P.S. Sugar makes you look and feel old... and dark chocolate and nuts are actually good for you!!
Love you guys, and I only say all this cause I want you to be healthy and feel good!!

Please share some of your favorite healthy snacks and your go to shopping items!

2 comments

  1. I LOVE reading your blog and I have honestly copied everything on here that you do!!! Lol including the Wen conditioner. I feel like a stalker but FEEL SOOO good!! Thank you thank you! Keep the ideas and tips coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ! I do have a sweet tooth, but I make sure a make a healthy protein shake each day, and I love fruit and other healthy foods. At 5 9 and 120, I could put on some weight, but my medical condition causes me some GI issues, so working on it. I love your philosophy and your pup is so cute. I have 2 shih tzus and we give them baby carrots and they flip out as those are their treats and love them. when you can if you want to drop by my site at www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com, speaking of greens!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.