Here it is guys...

Its that time where I tell you how bad diet soda is for you and that you cant drink it anymore!! EVER!!!  Ok, you can on rare occasions, but I'd rather never. :)

Here are the top 5 reasons why you should say goodbye...

REASON #1:
They contain artificial sweeteners like aspartame, saccharin, and sucralose and high fructose corn syrup.  Artificial sweeteners trigger insulin, which sends your body into fat storage mode and leads to weight gain and obesity.

REASON #2:
Your ruining your body's ability to process real sugar.  Your body gets confused when you give it fake sugar all the time, so then when it gets real sugar, it doesnt process it like it should because you've faked it out so many times.

REASON #3:
Drinking one diet soda a day was associated with an increased risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome describes a cluster of conditions (including high blood pressure, elevated glucose levels, raised cholesterol, and large waist circumference) that put people at high risk for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.

REASON #4:
When you drink any soda, regular or diet containing aspartame or high fructose corn syrup, you consume more calories since the artificial sweeteners dampen the "reward center" in your brain.

REASON #5:
Aspartame(in all diet sodas) worsens insulin sensitivity. AND rots your teeth!

If you want to read more, here is a great website on artificial sweeteners. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/07/sugar-substitutes.aspx


I once followed this diet plan where I could eat processed, boxed, canned, crap along with a diet soda or crystal light everyday if I wanted.  I cringe when I think about how a person can write and sell a diet plan to people with absolutely no research on what is actually good for your body.  Shame on me and shame on her for charging people.  (Sorry, I went on a tangent there)  But really, its time to take control of your body and what you put into it. Why do I say this? Well,  just because you look thin on the outside from a "diet" doesnt mean your body is happy on the inside.  You dont need a diet plan, you just need to put REAL food in your body, most the time! :) 

I know its not easy to make the right choice all the time, and I sure dont, but make it 50% of the time and work your way up from there!!


1 comment

  1. SO i hope you believe me when i say...im giving it a shot...going to cut back or even try to stop!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.